Sunday 13 February 2011

The Lodge



Download

The Lodge was created for a challenge set by Stu-art, to house the main characters in his story "The Antics of Stu-Ghost and Eric".
I wanted to create a warm cozy lodge, but still keeping it modern. I think I found the right balance of rustic woods, and modern furnishings to make it work. My vision for this build initially was a wooden lodge with stone accents and a walkout with stone walls, leading down to the pool. This was more challenging than I thought since I was restricted by lot size, due to the challenge specifics. To combat the lack of space inside the lodge I added a basement with a hidden entrance outside. (You can find that yourself :p) The basement contains an office/art room, and a luxurious spa room, with hot tub and sauna. The main house has a good sized eat in kitchen with a separate dining area. The sitting room has a fire place, and I somehow managed to fit in a grand piano. Upstairs has two double bedrooms each with balcony access, and a large luxury bathroom.
I enjoyed taking part in Stu's challenge. I hope you like The Lodge, if so please show your support and click the rec button. :-)

Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its always good to hear what other simmers have to say about my creations. It helps me improve and also gives me an idea of what downloaders are looking for. Please leave me a comment!