Monday 5 July 2010

The Bradshaw Estate



The Bradshaw Estate was created for a community challenge run by Ricslady over at The Simmers Society, I also entered it into Fidlertens Victorian challenge. Ricslady wanted to fill her town Colcastle Ridge, with historical homes. The home had to be set in the 1800's, so I decided to build my house around the idea that people travelled by horse. I got the basic shape of the house and added the covered entrance so that Mr and Mrs Bradshaw would not get wet going from carriage to house. I also created a carriageway that leads to the stables round the back of the house.

The kitchen was also a room I wanted to transport back in time. I built a basement and put in the kitchen and living quarters for the cook/housemaid, and the stable master/gardener. I created an open fire for cooking, work tables instead of counters and a larder. I did make sure to put in an old fashioned stove for the cook just in case. The staff living quarters are simple with a room each and a shared bathroom.

The main house is very grand and carries the theme well. I have tried to include a fireplace in most rooms as this would have been the only real source of heat. I had a lot of fun working on this project and also a great deal of fun playtesting it with the Bradshaws and their staff.

Built on 800 Ketternorth Drive, Colcastle Ridge this house is worth a little over 87k. It has 3 bedrooms plus two small rooms for the servants, 2 1/2 bathrooms, sitting room, dining room, stables and vegetable garden. This lot contains store items and cc patterns only.

Dowload Here

Slide Show

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its always good to hear what other simmers have to say about my creations. It helps me improve and also gives me an idea of what downloaders are looking for. Please leave me a comment!